Branding is a vital aspect of marketing your business, and one of the most important components of effective branding is your company logo. If a parade of popular logos were presented, you could no doubt identify the company they represent within a second or two. Why? Because they adhere to all the principles of effective logo creation.
If your company still uses an older logo, it may be time to reexamine its relevancy to a new generation. Even the most popular and world-renowned brands have undergone changes to their logos to maintain relevancy to updated audiences. Here’s a clue: if your logo brings to mind designs of the 80s or 90s, you need an updated logo.
Simple, Effective Logo Design
Basically, a logo contains graphics and/or text that imparts a visual representation of your company. Think of some popular logos – what makes them so distinctive? Evaluate your current logo to see how it measures up to these five criteria:
- Simple – the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid!) principle applies to many aspects of business and marketing, and logos are included. An elaborate, complicated logo only confuses consumers.
- Appropriate – an offensive image or message does more to drive away your audiences; consider how new attitudes interpret certain images and messages.
- Memorable – your logo should be simple, yet powerful enough to become easily imprinted on the minds of your audiences.
- Representative – your logo should reflect who you are and what you do as a business. Consumers should be able to decipher your industry with a simple glance at your logo.
- Versatile – your logo will be used on all manner of media, so it should appear clearly and readable on both small and large items of various colors, such as pencils, hats, postage stamps, shirts and billboards.
Professional Logo Development and Design in NYC
How did your current logo measure up? The SGNY Group in NYC has a talented team of graphic designers and branding experts that can help your company upgrade your current logo. We can help you evaluate your entire brand and develop an entirely new persona that better reflects your current company. Logo development and design is just a part of your overall branding.
When you need to ensure your brand is providing the exposure and attraction needed, turn to the professionals at The SGNY Group. Contact us today and ask about professional logo development and design in New York City.